Im not sure how I haven’t posted a recipe for flan yet because it is one of my go to desserts, especially when I have milk going bad or eggs that need to get used. And tonight was that exact scenario. I have loved flan for a very long time and decided if I wanted to eat frequently I needed to learn how to make it and I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was. This recipe smells great when your making it and tastes great as well!
- 2 eggs
- touch of cinnamon
- in a sauce pan place 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of water. put this on medium high heat and dont touch it. Its going to start to bubble and liquify and it will begin to turn into an amber color, watch this like a HAWK, it can burn in an instant and there is fine line between being beautiful amber and burnt, dont cross it.
- in a sauce plan place 1 cup of milk and a teaspoon of vanilla and just a pinch of cinnamon. You want to bring this to a boil and then immediately take it off.
- in a bowl place 2 eggs and whisk this with 1/2 cup of sugar. Once your milk has boiled pour this slowly into the egg mixture and whisk this as well.
- once your caramel is done pour this into the bottom of a glass pan, and spread it out so it is a even layer.
- then pour the egg milk mixture on top and place into a 350 oven.
- usually you are supposed to place this into a larger pan filled with water, but I was lazy so I didnt and its fine just a slight different texture, oh wells
- cook this for 30 minutes until the custard sets and a knife can be inserted and removed cleanly.
- then YAY! dessert!