After having 2 especially good batches of sangria I decided I should try to make it for myself and see how I would compare to some truly phenomenal sangrias. Well this is attempt number 1, and its pretty darn good! Its also pretty easy and another way to spruce up your wine night! Give it a try to sip on with your perfect summer night.
- wine; cabernet sauvignon is what I used but a sweet red would be delicious
- fruit: nectarines, apples, strawberries, and blueberries (peaches, pears, all would be good in this)
- I used black cherry spritzer, but any other kind would work also, or just sprite
- citrus vodka (a fruit liquor would also be really good with this)
- cut up all your fruit, put it in a large bowl and cover with a healthy amount of sugar. Add some fruit juice or water to help build the natural juices in the fruit
- Let that sit over night
- The next day mix everything together. If you want to serve it that night make it in the morning. Its best to let it sit for as long as possible, then it gets even more delicious flavors
- There you go! that was easy right?!
Cant drink? Well try adding just the fruit to any bland soda and it will spice it up too! A refreshing drink regardless of alcohol content
EDIT: I wrote this maybe after having a glass or two, so I forgot to mention how much vodka/ liquor to put into the sangria. Now before you do dumping half the bottle all you really need is 2-3 shorts. Depending on the quality of your wine you may not want to add it at all. Sorry for not including that before!!