Is there anything that peanut butter is not good on? The answer is no, its great for savory, sweet, EVERYTHING! Therefore, I want to use it in everything. This recipe is a new way to get your peanut butter fix in! I also like to call this fit granola, because I was working out waiting for it to cook! Which is a great way to get your workout in, while also getting your cooking done! This recipe is really easy, and will last for up to 2 weeks in a sealed container!
- 2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup cheerios
- 1/4 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 shredded coconut
- 1 splash vanilla
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter and peanut butter together. Add the cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, and stir on low heat until smooth.
- Mix in a bowl all the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry with a spatula. Try to coat as much of the dry in the wet as possible. This will take some energetic tossing!
- Lay it all flat on a baking sheet. Create a small hole in the middle of the granola, so it will cook evenly.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes on 325. Until everything is golden.
- Let cool completely and store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks!