It has been a long time since I have been able to post anything, and I am so happy to get back into it. While my computer was being fixed for the past week I was eating delicious stuff, but I just had no way to share it. But now I am back in action, hopefully for good, but with a failing hard drive, who knows.
Anyways, today’s lunch was a new recipe but it was a raging success. Since today is game day, what goes better with football than buffalo sauce? But spring break is 40 days away and I can’t eat that much buffalo wings, so instead I made this healthy buffalo quinoa bowl. It keeps the flavor high but the calories low. Its perfect for a game day lunch or any other day of the week.
- buffalo chicken sausage ( or just some chicken!)
- 1/4 cauliflower
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 carrot
- hot sauce
- cottage cheese
- Begin by roasting your cauliflower. In 350 oven, spray a baking sheet and then place the cauliflower cut side down and sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on top. Roast for 15 minutes on one side until golden, then flip and cook for another 5 minutes until tender.
- Then cook your protein, whether it is the sausage, or chicken, or just beans.
- Slice up the carrots very thin and small, then the avocado.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, chop it up and mix it with a bit of buffalo sauce, a tablespoon of cottage cheese.
- Now assemble in a bowl; quinoa, carrots, cauliflower, sausage, and avocado. I sprinkled the whole thing with very little ranch.
- This is the perfect lunch, give it a try!