I am a BIG pickle person. Whenever I order a sandwich I say “put on a disgusting amount of pickles” and everyone usually delivers. But I have never really explored pickles out of the dill cucumber range, but that is no longer! This recipe is for sweet and sour radish and carrot pickles with cilantro and peppers. This is perfect for tacos or as a salad topper. This recipe is also extremely easy and can last in your fridge for a few weeks!
- 4 radishes
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 handful chopped fresh cilantro (dried if you cant find fresh)
- 1/4 green pepper (or if you want it hot, jalapenos)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Using a mandolin or very good knife skills, slice the radishes and carrots very thin. Chop up the peppers, this doesn’t have to be very fine, just big chunks.
- Place in a wide mouth mason jar. Place the garlic and cilantro on top.
- In a sauce pan, heat the vinegar and sugar together until a soft boil starts.
- Remove from heat, and pour over the vegetables, making sure everything is covered in the brine.
- Place in the fridge. Let sit at least a day before eating, lasts 2-3 weeks, but probably not because you are going to eat it up!