I capitalized vegan because I’m just so excited that I was actually able to make a vegan dish, this is a first purposefully vegan dish 😀 So hopefully y’all like it, especially those trying to maintain a vegan diet. Its fully of flavor, freezes beautifully and is full of healthy stuff!
- black beans (can, drained and rinsed)
- pepper (I used pablano but jalapeño or bell pepper would work also)
- mashed potato flakes (the puff and fluff mash potatoes)
- hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- in a food processor mash up the beans, onion, and pepper. For one can of beans I used about half of a pepper and 1/4 of an onion, use more or less depending on what kind of pepper your using.
- when this looks chunky add 1/4 cup of the mashed potato flakes, you may need more or less depending on the wetness of your mixture. Also now add a generous sprinkle of garlic salt and pepper.
- puree this again for a few more seconds.
- if you don’t have mash potato flakes and aren’t vegan you can use an egg as its replacement.
- now grab a handful of your mixture and work it in your hands to make a patty. This will be messy. You can also make these patties big for burgers, or small for appetizer, all up to you.
- then place these patties on a well sprayed pan and pop into the oven for 20-30 minutes, flipping in the middle of that time chunk. Until they look dry and feel firm. You don’t want to cook them too long because then they will crumble.
- These are great with some rice and salsa or on there own 😀 and they freeze really well!! So eat and enjoy!!
*if any of the products I used are not truly vegan please tell me 😀 thanks!