So every day at my work a food truck comes by and tempts me with delicious creations that he makes fresh every morning, one day I finally gave in and went down and tried one of his spinach rice balls. I don’t even really like spinach but DANG these were so good, so good in fact it was gone by 10 am (I have zero will power). Well I had a can of spinach in my cabinet and I was feeling slightly creative so I gave this recipe a go. It actually turned out pretty well and is surprisingly filing. It isn’t very complicated and doesn’t need many ingredients. Give it a try as your dinner soon!
- can of spinach (or frozen) drained
- 3 cloves garlic
- dried garlic
- salt and pepper
- white rice
- parmesan cheese
- provolone sliced cheese or shredded mozzarella
- dice up the garlic and about a handful of onion. Start sautéing until the onion is clear and the garlic is just golden. It should be very fragrant. Add a base layer of salt and pepper.
- Add in your spinach and again add some salt and pepper. This spinach is kind of stinky so it needs a good amount of garlic salt and pepper, but theres a fine line between flavored and overwhelming. Use your nose to tell the difference.
- cook this for several minutes, stirring continuously. After a while and potentially a few more additions of dried garlic add a small pad of butter (this is optional but highly recommended)
- add some parmesan cheese and cook a little more. When it is done cooking, about 20 minutes of sautéing, add another sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- lay down your bed of rice and put your shredding or pieces of provolone on top, then your spinach. Mix it up to eat it! It is SO good. If your going to make this for a special someone make sure they eat a lot of it so your both have the inevitable garlic breath from this dish!