The title kind of says it all, but it certainly doesn’t let you know how good this tastes. This salad is perfect if you feel like your body needs a general cleanse. It has lots of healthy components and is really fresh. But better than that, it has a lot of great flavor! This, Id say, a perfect summer salad. Make it one day and let it marinate over night and it will be even better for lunch the next day!
- 3 leaves Kale
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 handful basil
- 1 green pepper (it was a sweet light green one I dont know the name of.. get that soon!) (bell would work too)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- dash of dried garlic, salt, and pepper
- Begin by cooking the quinoa by the directions on the package
- While the quinoa is cooking, start making your dressing.
- Ribbon up the basil and place in a bowl, then add in all the oil, vinegar, and lemon juice. Then your spices. Let these marinate up while you are chopping up your veggies.
- Chop the kale into bite size or smaller pieces and then the pepper into small pieces.
- Once the quinoa is done, pour it directly onto your waiting bowl of chopped veggies.
- Pour dressing over the top and mix well.
- If you bring it to lunch the next day, pop it into the microwave to take off the chill!