About a year ago this time I went to a restaurant for some Chinese food in a town I wasn’t all that familiar with. I had just grown this new love for bean sprouts and when I saw they had bean sprout fried rice on the menu I knew I had to try it. Well it did not disappoint. It is really simple but so tasty, especially if you like bean sprouts. This is my take on that recipe!
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- garlic powder
- lima/ edamame beans
- red pepper flakes
- Begin by sautéing your peppers, onions, and sprouts. Cook in a little bit of oil on medium heat and add the bean sprouts and lima beans a few minutes after the peppers and onions. Sprinkle with just a bit of garlic and red pepper flake
- Once they are tender add in your rice.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg with the soy sauce
- Turn the head up a little bit and add the egg to the rice and veggie mixture.
- Continuously stir the pan to get that scrambled egg mixture.
- Once the eggs are cooked, its ready to eat!