Goodbyes, see you laters, and until we meet again’s are hard. As a matter of fact they usually suck, so when it came time to do one of those with a good friend I wasn’t looking forward to it. But it is bitter sweet, since they are about to have a great adventure. So I said goodbye the best way I could know how, with food. These cupcakes mark a new beginning for me as well, this was my first ever cupcake recipe from scratch. I’m happy they turned out well and were a great send off!
For the Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In one bowl mix the flour, spices, baking powder and soda, and salt. Combine these ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
- Then slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mix. Whisking until combined.
- Use cupcake liners in a cupcake tin and then fill 3/4 the way up.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack until room temp (very important for frosting)
For the Icing
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1/2 -1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Begin by creaming the butter and brown sugar together. This involves using a mixer.
- Then add in your cream cheese, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Continue mixing and slowly add in your powdered sugar. Until achieves some stiffness. It will still be a soft frosting.
- Add to a baggie, cut off the tip, and pipe onto the cooled cupcakes
Sorry not sorry for all the pictures…