I’ll admit it, I love brussels sprouts! Most people wouldn’t believe me or share in this sentiment, but with my own free will I proclaim “I LOVE THEM”. But, admittedly, they can be kind of boring. Especially if you eat them the same way every time. Thankfully for me, I am somewhat creative and made a new recipe to eat my Brussels sprouts with! This recipe involves shredded lettuce, a little bit of bacon, and a tangy almost ranch tasting dressing. Its great as a side to any meal but I enjoyed it with a hot dog accompaniment. This is the way to jazz up your Brussels sprouts or get someone to try it for the first time!
- 6 Brussels sprouts
- 1 piece of bacon
- 2 teaspoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- a drop or two of hot sauce
- Begin by shredding the washed brussels sprouts. I used a mandolin to achieve this but if you don’t have one, you can use a knife or other device.
- Then shred one piece of bacon. I used a knife to finely chop the bacon.
- In a pan, add the bacon and brussels sprouts. Add in 3 tablespoons of water and cover the pan cooking on medium low.
- The water steams the brussels and then once the water is gone, the brussels will begin to sauté and then they are ready to transfer to a bowl for the dressing.
- The dressing is the mayo, vinegar, salt, pepper, hot sauce, garlic, and parsley.
- Whisky all that together and then pour over the sprouts, it doesn’t need much dressing.
- Then done!