Now before you dismiss this recipe as out of touch because it isn’t fall season, DON’T. Something delicious should be enjoyed all year long! And this recipe is delicious. The pumpkin cream sauce is velvety with spices such as sage and nutmeg. It is a dynamic recipe that will impress anyone you make it for. Wait, there is a secret… this recipe isn’t expensive. Or complicated. I was lucky enough that my wonderfully talented aunt made me fresh pasta, but this would be equally delicious with boxed pasta. This tastes like restaurant quality but wont cost you a trip to the North End.
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt and pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch cinnamon
- splash lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- tiny pinch cumin, cayenne, and paprika (if you don’t have this it will still be delicious)
- Begin by sautéing the garlic and onion in a pan with a bit of oil.
- When the garlic and onions begin to turn translucent, and in the salt, pepper, sage and parsley, and let cook for a few minutes.
- Add in 1/2 a cup of pureed pumpkin and the milk.
- Use a whisk to incorporate everything.
- Add in the remaining spices.
- Continue cooking for several minutes. And begin to cook your pasta.
- Add the cheese and butter and continue cooking on low.
- Once the pasta is done take 2 ladles of water from the pasta and add that to the sauce.
- Then add your pasta to the pan. Let cook for 3-5 minutes so the pasta is thoroughly coated by the sauce.
- Eat and enjoy!!