Me being the studious student that I am, woke up early on a Saturday, and proceeded ignore all of my school related responsibilities. Instead, I decided to try some recipe testing on granola. And I can say, that this first batch was quite a success. The reason this recipe is called “growl for granola” is that you have to let the granola bake low and slow for over and hour, and while its baking it makes the most delicious smells, but you have to sit there and be patient and wait for it to be down. Your stomach will definitely be growling while you wait. This is a great recipe to make once and enjoy for weeks to come.
- 3 cups oats (I used 2 cups old fashioned oats and 1 cup steel cut oats)
- 1 heaping cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts- I used almonds and pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Heat the oven to 275
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and mix to incorporate.
- Lay out the granola, in one even layer, on 2 cookie sheets. Create an open circle in the middle of the pan, as this will facilitate uniform baking.
- Let cook for an hour and 15 minutes.
- Let cook completely and then store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Happy healthy eating!
3 responses to “Growl for Granola”
OK I think at this point it’s only fair I leave a comment and tell you that I’ve used this recipe both down to the t and used it as inspiration to make my own granola- and I love it so much. Thank you! I had to have used it about 5-6 times already.
My next challenge is figuring out a way to make “birthday cake” granola.
Wow you made my day with this! Thank you so much! I’m glad you have enjoyed it and put your own twist on it! Thanks for the great comment!
this shit is fire, thanks for sharing.