It feels like it has been many months since I have been able to make an egg for breakfast, let alone sit down and enjoy it. Not that I don’t love my oatmeal, but theres only so many days you can eat it before you are a little tired of it. This breakfast sandwich is my beautiful launch back into slow breakfasts. Now I have time to eat them, enjoy them, oh and clean up after them. With finals ending and weekends become a bit more enjoyable, try this sandwich and enjoy your breakfast!
- 1 egg
- 2 strips of bacon
- cheese (your favorite)
- 1 roll (I used whole grain)
- Special sauce: 1 tablespoon mayo, 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 dash garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and paprika, and a dash of pepper.
- Sautéed poblanos (optional)
- This recipe is basically just a build. Toast the roll, cook the bacon, stir the sauce, and make the egg how you like.
- Spread the mayo on the bun and then layer everything else how you like. I like my egg a little runny, because it makes a delicious mess, but you do you!