Being home does not do anything good for my healthy eating habits. My parents love to fill the house with unhealthy things, and since I never buy these things for myself I feel obligated to eat them here. But no longer! Once I started feeling really low energy I knew I needed to shake some things up. I had an immense craving for guacamole, but alas, we didn’t have any avocados. So instead of running out to the store, I created this fake out. It will satisfy your guac cravings and also is crazy healthy and delicious, sounds good right? RIGHT! Add this into your healthy eating habits!
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 large tomato
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- Spices (use as you like): salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, chipotle, cilantro
- you know whats great about this recipe? Its easy. Throw it all into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- I enjoyed it on whole grain toast with a layer of beans and a sprinkle of cheese.