If you know me well you know my favorite show is The Golden Girls. Filmed in the 80’s this show is just classically funny. It is my go to show and transcends time. Although their outfits are a little outdated one thing they did that I wish to continue is that during every trial, problem, or happy moment they always had a cheesecake on hand. At first I thought “how can four women eat so much cheesecake” and then I thought, why am I not doing this?? This paired with the fact that I had leftover cream cheese that was going bad led to me waking up at 7:30 am on a mission: to make a cheesecake. I used to think that cheesecake was a hard endeavor, but after this recipe I realized there is nothing to it! It is not difficult to make a beautiful delicious cheesecake with few ingredients!
- 16 oz of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package graham crackers (9 count)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- 1/2 a stick of butter
- Begin by grinding up the graham crackers in a food processor or whatever unconventional means you want.
- Mix in the coconut, cinnamon, and pecans in. Then pour in the melted butter.
- Lightly spray a 9×9 in glass pan (or use a cheesecake pan if you have one). Press the crust into the pan. Making sure it is really packed in there.
- Bake the crust for 10-15 minutes until golden. Let cool
- In a large bowl whip the softened cream cheese with the sugar. Do this until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add in the vanilla. The batter will be loose, pour over the cooled crust.
- Bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes until stiff but slightly bouncy and just getting a little more golden.
- I made a quick blood orange glaze to go over it but it certainly doesn’t need it.