Have you ever bought a lot of one thing, and then you have to figure out how to use it in ways that you aren’t bored of? Well that is how I feel whenever I get brussels sprouts. Don’t get me wrong, I love those green balls of goodness, but they get old very fast. So I had to shake things up with this new warmed salad. I think this is the most fall recipe ever, but it tastes fresh and light! It will be a great way to shake up your usual brussels sprout and salad routine!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- several pecans
- 1 tablespoon fig vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon bacon fat (or just normal oil if you don’t have this)
- Drizzle honey/agave nectar
- salt and pepper
- as much crumbled goat cheese as you like
- Slice your brussels sprouts. In a pan get your bacon fat melted on medium heat. Add in your brussels sprouts and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of water, the cranberries, cover and continue to cook for another 10 minutes. Until tender.
- Once tender, add in the vinegar and honey. Remove from heat.
- Add the pecans and if you don’t want a vegan recipe, add on the goat cheese!
- Simple as that! So quick and delicious!