With Father’s Day around the corner, I thought it was only appropriate to dedicate this recipe to my Dad. He was one of the main influences that encouraged me to explore food. Although he let me be a picky eater, he also made trying new things so tasty and delicious. He also has a need for heat like no other so these sweet and spicy pickled jalapenos are something he would definitely enjoy. Make these as the perfect Father’s day gift for your main man to show him you love him!
- Jalapenos (8-10)
- 3/4 c. white vinegar
- 3/4 c. water
- 3 tablespoons sugar (minimum 1 tablespoon but 3 if you want more sweet than heat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch cumin seeds
- Mason jar with lid
- Begin by prepping the peppers. Slice off the top and try to get as many seeds out as you can. Then slice into thin rounds, about 1 cm.
- Then rinse off the peppers and set aside.
- In a sauce pan add in the salt, sugar, vinegar, and water and bring to a low boil.
- Stuff your mason jar with the sliced peppers. Then stick in the peeled clove of garlic into the center of the peppers and the cumin seed.
- Once the mixture has come to a boil, turn off and let cool down for a few minutes.
- Pour over the pepper mixture and then place on the lid and twist it tight. Let cool to room temperature before moving it into the fridge.
- Let sit for 3 days, then crack open and enjoy!
- I put mine on top of everything, but specifically these tacos, they were amazing!