Since participating in our schools 24 hour scavenger hunt my meal times have been slightly skewed, so when I realized it was 10 o’clock and I hadn’t eaten any dinner yet I knew I needed something quick and delicious, and for some reason I had a serious craving for alfredo. At first I was a little nervous to make this recipe, but I just went for it, and I am so happy I did, this recipe is so quick and simple and delicious. This is a great recipe to use to wow someone for a dinner in, and will definitely will be a new friend favorite! Did I mention that you’ll most likely have all the ingredients already? Possibly the best part of this recipe.
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- dried garlic
- put your water on to boil, trust me your sauce will be done before your pasta
- in a sauce pan melt a tablespoon of butter, once melted add 2 tablespoons of flour and stir constantly.
- cook this for 3-5 minutes, making sure it doesn’t get too brown, once your rue is cooked, add 1 1/2 cups of milk (this is an eyeball estimation, I didn’t actually measure, but give your self about an inch of milk in the pan)
- whisk and raise the temperature to medium high. Begin adding your salt and pepper, you want to add a generous amount of pepper, and just a pinch of salt. Then add a dash of the dried garlic.
- your sauce should begin to thicken, you need to wish continuously, the milk can scald just by turning your back. once its thickened significantly reduce the heat to medium low, and continue stirring. add another round of pepper, and just a dash of garlic.
- when your sauce is how thick you want, add a generous splash of parmesan cheese, this could make your sauce a little gummy, just add some milk and stir.
- and DONE! This is the quickest sauce, and so much healthier and tastier than anything you could buy in the store or comes prepackaged