Fall is here!! And there is pumpkin everywhere and anywhere. So this recipe is a great recipe to create that fall flavors and fill your home with all the smells that go along with this! This is such an easy recipe and can really be made on the fly, its perfect to bring to a party, or well… for late night cravings. Either way, its a great recipe to use, and you can adapt it to create all sorts of flavor combinations.
- pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie filling (if it already has spices, you don’t need to add as much or any)
- spices; cinnamon, nutmeg
- box yellow cake mix
- box of instant vanilla or butterscotch pudding
for the filling:
- cream cheese, whipped is preferable
- brown sugar
- confectioner sugar(optional)
- mix the puree, spices, cake mix(follow directions on the box), and contents of the pudding packet.
- mix well, and well grease a cookie sheet
- dollop a table spoon of the batter onto the pans
- cook for about 10 minutes, or until fully cooked
- and there you go, you have the whoopee to you pies!
Now for the filling:
- melt a slice of butter with around 2 teaspoons of brown sugar , I suggest in the microwave
- mix this with cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and cinnamon, a generous but not overwhelming amount.
- use a blender to create a light cream cheese frosting
- and theres the pie to your whoopee!
- Im telling you these recipes are easier than making a bowl of cereal.. or well.. close
- dont assemble until your going to eat them.
- enjoy! and share the deliciousness!!