Well, when I started this blog three years ago I really never thought I would still be working on it and adding to it, but here I am with my 100th RECIPE!!! Who knew one person could eat so much, just kidding this isn’t even a challenge. I just want to thank everyone that has been reading and commenting and providing me with feedback and support I appreciate it all so much. Hopefully my recipes provide you with inspiration at meal time or at least a rumble of hunger when you read them. Thank you everyone so so much, from the bottom of my heart.
Okay now onto this recipe. This recipe was part of a contest so I have to thank my lovely teammates Joelle and Jena, we had a ball in the kitchen and the whole thing was awesome and delicious. Also recently I have this thing for stuffing peppers, well this is the end all be all recipe (until I try something else of course) but this is so flavorful, packed with protein, and easy. This can be an appetizer, dinner, whatever its fabulous.
- boneless skinless chicken (either breast or tender, thigh probably would work too)
- jalapeños (pablanos worked also)
- spanish olives (the green ones with the orange on the inside)
- cottage cheese
- cream cheese(this is optional)
- cheddar cheese
- cumin, chile powder, dried garlic, salt pepper, and hot sauce(optional)
- set the oven to 375, and spray the pan then place the defrosted chicken on the pan and sprinkle on a little bit of cumin and chile powder. Then a little more garlic and pepper.
- let that cook until done. mean while slice and de-core your jalapeños then place them in boil water to cook until tender. This is about 10 minutes, less if you want them to be more spicy.
- when those are done drain them and put them aside.
- with your cooked chicken your going to cut it into cubes and place it in a food processor (if you don’t have one use two forks to shred it). then place about 2.5 tablespoons of cottage cheese in, a tablespoon of olives in (less if you don’t like them), a less than generous handful of cheddar cheese, and about of cream cheese if you choose to use it. this is also where you can add your dash of hot sauce
- pulse this until well combined but not too much because then you pulverize your chicken.
- one this mix is done, grab your jalapeños and place them open side up on a cookie sheet. scoop this mixture then into the cooked jalapeños, so it is full but not too overflowing.
- pop this into the oven for 20-30 minutes until it begins to turn golden brown on top and the mixture doesn’t look watery.
- and DONE! these are so delicious, and easy. There like my second favorite meal now.
also if your looking for a quick side open up a can of black beans, rinse them, place them into a microwave safe bowl with a dash of cumin and chile powder and microwave for about 2 minutes until hot. They are quick and easy! Also in the photo we served it with the beans, some cilantro lime rice, and pico de gallo, all recipes previously posted.