So everyone likes pizza, especially after a late night for no particular reason on the weekend. Although you may not remember what that pizza at 2 am on saturday tastes like you will definitely not forget this homemade pizza. It does take some love and effort, but it is completely worth it and the people you make it for will love you for it.
- 4 Cups Flour, may need more
- 1 package instant dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more later
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In the warm cup of water add the yeast and sugar. let this sit until it begins to foam (should start to smell yeasty)
- in a large bowl mix everything else
- once the yeast is foamy pour that in. now by hand you need to knead it. (see what I did there 😉 )
- if it is still sticky add more flour. Knead for about 5-10 minutes
- then in a clean bowl coat the sides in a olive oil so the dough won’t stick and place it into the bowl. cover this with a cloth and let sit on the counter (it is best if it is in a warm place)
- let this rise up to twice or more its size, then punch it down. Once it has risen again it is ready to be used for pizza!
- to make pizza, spray a pan and place the dough in the center and spread it to the center (if you have a rolling pin this will work best)
- then cover it is sauce (recipe shown previously) then add some cheese and toppings. My suggestion is for bacon and onion, it is hands down my favorite pizza.
- but this recipe makes about 4-5 small pizzas, perfect for a personalized pizza party.
One response to “Pizza Pizza!”
[…] pizza dough (follow the linked recipe or buy pre made) […]