I won’t lie to you folks, I don’t like broccoli I know, shocking. But while I am home working off this latest sickness I figured Id get some cooking done, this includes pushing myself out of my comfort zone, aka using broccoli. This recipe would be great as a substitute for vegetarian meatballs or stuffed with the cheese as an appetizer. It was surprisingly easy and quick. With little effort and lots of flavor these are great to make for dinner tonight.
- raw broccoli
- bread crumbs
- cheese sticks
- dried dill
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor put in the raw broccoli, if it is precooked thats fine just will require more bread crumbs
- put one large garlic clove and mince until very fine
- in a large bowl combine the minced broccoli and garlic mixture with one egg and a generous sprinkle of bread crumbs
- also add the salt pepper and little bit of dill
- my mixture took two eggs and about 1/4 cup of bread crumbs if not more. Want the mixture to be able to be formed into a ball, not too stiff not too liquidy
- put a glob of the mixture in your hand then take the cube of string cheese and place it in the center then move the mixture around it, enclosing the cheese. Yes you are playing with your food, and its fun and messy
- then place on a sprayed baking sheet and bake at 380 for 10 minutes on each size.
- these are good all on there own, but could likely hold there own with sauce and pasta!