So since I’ve lived in the apartment I have yet to cook red meat, expect for the occasional ground beef and that is very rare. What is so awful is that steak is one of my favorite foods and I can’t even cook it. But while perusing the grocery store I stumbled upon stir fry steak (its sliced up steak) that was 4 bucks a pound and I thought it was a chance worth taking. I went with a classic mexican seasoned steak to wet my feet in the cooking experience. This is something that is a must buy if your living in an apartment and need that red meat fixing.
- stir fry steak
- dried garlic
- green olive juice
- hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- white onion
- In a pan placed some sliced onion and set to medium to get soft.
- The longer you can let this marinade the better. The marinade consists of lime juice ( half of a lime is sufficient for a single portion of steak), dried garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Let the onions get a few seconds in the pan before you add the steak and let this sauté for another few minutes.
- When the steak is halfway cooked add a little bit of ketchup, hot sauce, and a splash of olive juice. Also small bit of butter. This will make a nice sauce that the steak will soak up.
- let cook for about 10 minutes more until there is no more liquid and all the steak is cooked.
- then DONE! I ate this on a bed of rice with beans and some veggies. Its really quick and a really cheap way to get some red meat!