Okay so this is another stuffed pepper, but hear me out, its different this time. Plus theres a cute little farmers market in my town and they had poblano peppers 3 for a buck and I knew I had to make them for dinner, so I did. But listen up college students because this recipe is for you!! It has very few ingredients but is very filling!! Okay so it is another stuffed pepper, but it is worth posting, and also eating them 😀 This recipe has been roommate approved!
- chicken (I used rotisserie but you do whatever you want, just have it pre cooked)
- spanish olives
- poblano peppers
- cream cheese
- shredded cheese
- slice the peppers in half and take out the core/ veins and seeds.
- preheat oven to 350
- then place in a pot of boiling water and boil for at least 10 minutes until they get slightly tender.
- let these cool and chop up your cooked chicken and olives, throwing just a sprinkle of cumin on top. A food processor could help you in this process but a knife will be sufficient.
- then start stuffing your peppers with this chicken olive mixture, and really stuff them to the brim. Then put a little bit of cream cheese through the center and cover that in cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- I put some salsa verde on top and ate it with beans and rice. You won’t be disappointed.