So its been a while since I’ve cooked something worth posting this has been a combination of laziness and being incredible busy. So when I came home at a decent hour I decided I needed to actually cook and make something worth posting. Let me tell you, I did not disappoint myself. This chickpea patty is light and airy and full of so much flavor, the tart sour cream sauce you put on top just melds everything together. This was really easy to make and they’re full of protein. One thing that makes this slightly more complicated is a food processor is highly recommended, not impossible to do without but it makes life so much easier.
- can of chickpeas
- white onion
- chopped dried garlic
- dried parsley and oregano
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking mix (like bisquick or flour would probably work fine)
- salt and pepper
- so in your food processor dump in your drained chickpeas, chopped onion, a few dashes of garlic, lots of parsley and oregano (like a tablespoon each), then an egg and your baking mix.
- Pulse this mixture until it looks somewhat like chunky peanut butter, but it will be soft and can form it into a patty.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and then place in your patties, you can make them as big or small as you want but your gonna let it cook on medium high heat for about 3 minutes on each side getting nice and golden.
- then put the sauce recipe that follows on top and your good to go!!
Tart Cucumber Sauce
- sour cream (greek yogurt would work also)
- cucumber (diced really fine)
- onion (diced fine)
- dried garlic
- red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Use about 3 tablespoons of sour cream and put in the 1 tablespoon of vinegar in it. Then add a few dashes of oregano, salt and pepper.
- Use a few slices of onion and a good amount of cucumber and then throw it all in.
- Easy as that!