That title sounds awfully seductive does it not? But when you think about spinach, especially canned spinach, there is no romantic thoughts there. But you would be wrong! It is a great asset to have in your cabinet, it needs a little more love and attention then fresh spinach but with the right seasoning you can make something truly delicious. This is quick easy side or can be used on top of rice or whatever possibility you can consider!
- canned spinach
- salt pepper
- sour cream
- lemon juice
- Begin with a tablespoon of butter in a pan on medium low heat, once it has melted add a LOT of garlic, if you are using fresh use at least 3 gloves and if dried, be very generous. Cook this low and slow for a few minutes until you can smell it strongly.
- drain your canned spinach, you want to push out the extra liquid in a strainer. Once the garlic is smelling strongly add to the pan.
- let this cook on medium until its getting very hot and steaming, you want to really only sauté not cook. (low and slow)
- once it starts to steam up and any excess liquid is beginning to go, add one tablespoon of sour cream and continue to let it cook for a few more minutes. it should start to thicken and turn lighter, add another tablespoon once you see this happening. Then add about a tablespoon of mayo.
- Continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes letting it thicken up. Add lots of pepper and a good amount of salt.
- Once it is thick and smells good turn off the heat and crumble the feta over the top while its still warm.
- just finish with a light squeeze of lemon juice and you are done!