I hate breakfast, I really only eat it because if I don’t I cant function for the day. I especially dislike eggs, they usually smell like wet dog to me. But I am trying to eat healthier and I know an integral part of that is starting the morning off right and for me thats a protein based breakfast so in turn I am trying to make eggs I enjoy. Now if you put enough bacon on anything, its going to be good, but that defeats the purpose. Breakfast also needs to be easy and quick. Thats why this recipe is perfect, you can make it and have leftovers for later days when you are in a rush. This recipe also smells very good when cooking and will be sure to put a little perk into your morning. And although I am totally against the whole “breakfast for dinner” nonsense, this could also be a good recipe for that. Also you can use the base recipe for frittata and add whatever you desire into it, I may become a egg person yet!
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup of diced provolone (or shredded cheese)
- 1/4 cup feta
- 1 small can of spinach
- salt and pepper
- just a little less than 1/4 finely diced onion
- 2 strips of bacon chopped pretty small
- Heat your oven to 375 and grease either a pie pan or I used a square glass ban ( something with deep sides is best)
- Open up a can of spinach and pour into a small holed strainer and gently push on the spinach to take out excess water, this is vital because if there is too much excess water your eggs are gonna be runny and just not appealing. (using paper towels can help speed up this process)
- So all of your ingredients basically are 1/4 of a cup, and all also pretty finely chopped/diced. This is to make sure you don’t get just random chunks of things when your eating and so its all well incorporated.
- In a bowl you are going to add everything except the spinach and bacon and whisk it all up. Gently whisking because you don’t want your feta to disappear.
- Once this is mixed add your spinach and stir just until incorporated.
- Then pour this into your greased pan. Now I made one half of mine bacon and one half not, and let me tell you, the bacon is definitely better. So once your egg mixture is in the pan, sprinkle the bacon on top of it.
- Then back for 25-30 minutes until the edges are golden and the eggs are firm. I don’t like runny eggs so I cooked them for a little longer.
- Then slice it up and enjoy! Breakfast thats super easy and tasty!