I have been informed that “stew” sounds weird and old, BUT I think it could bring you back to home and happy memories. This recipe is a great comfort food that just helps make a hard day a little easier. Did I mention its a crock pot recipe? Oh yeah, it is, so throw it all into the crock pot and when you come home enjoy a beautiful home cooked meal!
- beef chuck for stew (literally labeled as this in the store)
- packet of dry onion soup mix
- either some worchestire or steak sauce
- bay leaf
- salt, pepper, garlic
- mix a 1/4 cup of flour with a generous amount of garlic a bit of salt and pepper. You are going to take your meat and coat it in the flour. Then place in the crock pot.
- I used 2 small onions and a hand full of baby carrots. Slicing up the onions and chopping the carrots into bite sized pieces. Add to the pot.
- Then boil about 4 cups of water and mix with the package of onion soup mix. Pour this over the everything in the crock pot.
- Cut potatoes into bit sized pieces as well and add those in, about 2 potatoes should be good depending on size
- Add a bit more salt and pepper, a dash of which ever sauce you have, then 2 bay leafs.
- Let it cook on high for about 8 hrs, you need to let it cook a long time to allow it to reduce and the flavors fully combine
- I ate it with a side of rice and was very full and happy 😀