Summer is the season of grilling, and one of the things I love the most on the grill (minus steak) is grilled portobello mushrooms. My dad makes them especially well and now being away from home not only do I not have him to make it for me anymore I don’t have access to a grill either. But fear not, you can still make delicious mushrooms without a grill! It is really easy and super tasty. Use them on a salad, in a sandwich with goat cheese, or just however you like!
- portobello mushrooms
- olive oil
- white or red wine vinegar
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
- OR a bottle of italian dressing
- a ziplock bag
- Cut off steams of mushrooms and rinse well, making sure to get the dirt off of them
- Place them in a ziplock bag and add in a generous splash of vinegar and just a pit of oil.
- Then add all the salt, pepper, garlic, and just a bit of red pepper flakes
- Let marinate for as long as you can, I left then in overnight
- Then in a pan place the mushrooms and just a bit of the marinade. Cover and cook on medium flipping half way. Cover the pan to keep the mushrooms from drying out.
- Then finish them finish with a bit of butter.
- Now EAT!
One response to “Marinated Mushrooms”
[…] marinated portobello mushrooms […]