A while back, my aunt made avocado fries on a whim. At first I was like, “avocados are squishy, how will this taste good?” but I was definitely wrong! They were amazing, but they were definitely a unique texture. So with an avocado going bad in my fridge, I decided it was my time to try the recipe for myself. Only problem? I didn’t really have anything that she used to make them. So putting on my creative pants, I gave them my personal touch. The result was “WOW, this will definitely be my new go to recipe with avocados.” These are really good and will be your new favorite too!
- 1 cup Rice Crispies (will vary depending on how many avocados you use)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- Salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice up the avocado into 1/2 cm thick sticks (size doesn’t really matter as long as they are uniform).
- Beat 1 egg with a splash of water.
- In a plastic bag, add your Rice Cripsies and spices and begin to crush them up. No really, pulverize them. The smaller the pieces of Rice Crispies, the more they will coat the avocado.
- Dip the avocado in the egg, let it sit for a few seconds, then add it to the bag with your Rice Crispies.
- Shake the bag and gently press the crumbs into the avocado.
- Spray a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes at 350. You can overcook them without an issue though!
- For the sauce, mix diced green chilies with an equal part of sour cream and enjoy!!