When I was last home my wonderful parents made me an amazing treat; pork butt. Now that may sound weird, but pork butt is what makes that delicious shredded pork everyone loves. There are also so many ways you can make it; bbq, asain, or mexican. I choose the last method for this particular recipe. This recipe is great with the crunchy taco shell and sweet tangy beet slaw. I also use the cool element of cottage cheese to really tie the dish together.
- crunch (or soft) taco shells
- cottage cheese (this is optional but highly suggested)
- romaine lettuce
- beets (from a can)
- white vinegar
- green diced chiles
- shredded pork (sorry, recipe not provided yet)
- So I highly recommend if you can get your hands on shredded pork, use that but if not, shredded chicken will be great too!
- Once you have your shredded meat, mix in diced green chilies, the kind that come in the can are the easiest to use.
- Then begin shredding up your lettuce, its best to have it nice and thin.
- After draining the juice, slice them up thin as well. In a bowl mix the beets with the lettuce, season withe salt and pepper, and a few splashes of white vinegar.
- After that just assemble your fillings into the tacos and enjoy! Its a new taco on a taco night classic!