Yes, you read that right. Pesto made from radish greens. The lowly radish green goes completely unnoticed, but it will no longer be tossed aside with the rest of the trash, it will stand tall and elevate the caliber of your ordinary pesto! Lately I have trying to adopt a “waste not want not” attitude. No part of the veggie should go unused! So this recipe was a risk that completely paid off, its so easy and delicious.
- radish greens, one bunch will be good
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic (I used powder)
- salt and pepper
- a handful of fresh basil
- 1 drizzle of honey
- sesame seeds (or pine nuts, 1 teaspoon chopped)
- parmesan cheese (1/2 tablespoons)
- Begin by sautéing the radish greens with garlic, salt and pepper in just a bit of oil. You want to cook them before to get rid of some of the bitterness.
- Once they are wilted (8/10 minutes), place in a food processor and combine with above ingredients, except for the oil.
- slowly drizzle in the oil, not more than a tablespoon.
- Start with one light drizzle of honey and taste to see if the bitterness is gone, add enough to get rid of any left, but not enough to make it sweet.
- Store and enjoy! Use anywhere you’d use pesto!!