Wow, what a long title, fills your mouth with words, and this recipe will fill your mouth with wonderful flavors! This is the second time I’ve tried to make a poached egg, and I have definitely found a better method this time! This recipe is another take on a great brunch classic. After eating really unhealthy this week I wanted to make a really clean, tasty, and filling breakfast. This incorporates that, it will fill up without filling you out!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 small onion, shredded
- a few pieces of kale (or spinach)
- 1/2 fresh tomato
- a few bits of either raw or roasted red pepper
- 1 teaspoon radish pesto
- spices, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper
For the poached egg:
- In a deep walled frying pan, fill with a few inches of water and bring to a boil
- Once the water is boiling, turn the temp down so the water is still hot but not rolling boiling.
- Drop the egg in and let cook for 3-4 minutes or longer if you want a hard cooked yolk.
- When done top on top of everything.
For the zucchini cake:
- With the shredded zucchini and onion, mix in 1 egg, a bit of cheese, parsley, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- I have a really small frying pan that I cooked mine in, but if you do not, just form into a cake and fry on any frying pan.
- cook on medium heat for about 6 minutes on each side until golden brown on both sides
- Assemble everything on top of the zucchini cake, with the poached egg, then the pesto on top.
- That was easy!!