I kind of hate how anything made with pumpkin gets the stigma of being “basic” (I hate whoever made that word BTW) because it’s fall and pumpkin is in abundance. And not to mention pumpkin is great. So although these pancakes have pumpkin in them they are far from basic especially with the addition of homemade cinnamon vanilla butter and a secret ingredient. This is the season for fall flavors and let’s celebrate it!!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 splash vanilla
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- Mix all your dry ingredients together, then whisk in your wet ones.
- Spray a frying pan with pan spray then drop in some batter.
- When the sides of the pancake start bubbling, and a bit in the middle, they are ready to be flipped!
- Now to make the cinnamon vanilla butter, melt 1 tablespoon of butter, then add in a bit of cinnamon and splash of vanilla. Stir and pour into a shot glass then put in the freezer (if you want to eat it soon).
- These are nice and easy but add a lot of flavor to your breakfast!!