On a rainy fall day like today, what could be better than a nice cup of chowda! A lot of people turn to using can soups because they think homemade soup is difficult, but it isn’t! Also canned soup contains a lot of salt and can loose nutritional value a homemade soup would have. So skip the can and make a delicious pot of corn chowder today!
- 2 strips cooked bacon
- 5/7 small colored potatoes (red, purple, whatever)
- 1 onion
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 and 1/2 1/2 cup
- 1/2 can corn
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Begin by slowly cooking your chopped onions in 1 tablespoon oil.
- Just before they begin to turn translucent add in your chopped bacon and cook 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and let it get a little bit of color before adding in your chopped raw potatoes (I was too lazy to peel them)
- Cover with water and cook covered at a rolling boil temperature add some salt. Continue to cook until the potatoes begin to get tender.
- Once tender, reduce heat and add cream, salt and pepper.
- Now it is ready to enjoy!