Do people not like chinese take out? Is that possible? For me, it is a treat I don’t often allow myself. I like the fried stuff and it never quite tastes the same as when I try and make it at home. But I have been practicing and slowly getting better at making take in chinese food. Today was the perfect time to do just that because I just bought baby bok choy, bean sprouts, and egg noodles. Instead of going out, stay in and make this delicious take on a chinese classic.
- 4 pieces baby bok choy
- 1 cup egg noodles
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- 3 white mushrooms
- 1/4 of a red pepper
- sesame seeds (or sesame oil)
- 1/2 a small onion
- soy sauce
- brown sugar
- red pepper flakes
- Begin washing your bok choy, they can hold a lot of dirt so make sure to clean them well.
- Then sauté the peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Once they are lightly sautéed add in your bok choy. Adding salt, pepper, and garlic and continue to cook.
- Add a bit of water to the pan and cover for 6 minutes to lightly steam the bok choy.
- Meanwhile, begin to cook your egg noodles. They only take about 2 minutes to cook so don’t walk away.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon brown sugar with one tablespoon soy sauce. And slowly add 1/2 of the mix to the pan.
- Once the the bok choy is wilted, add 1/2 teaspoon butter to the pan.
- Then add your bean sprouts and noodles.
- Continue to cook for 3 more minutes
- Then enjoy!