When you’re in a pinch and craving something sweet, it’s always tempting to grab a stale Chips Ahoy! or a giant dollop of Nutella. You deserve better! The perfect dessert doesn’t need a dozen different ingredients or a lot time to prepare; here’s a simple fall-time dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth without the all preservatives and sugar of processed confectioneries.
- 1 apple
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup water
- Slice the apple into four slices, around the core.
- In sauce pan, pour in the apple cider and water. Bring this to a boil and add the cinnamon stick.
- Without a lid, boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the apples and reduce heat to medium, so it is at a low simmer/ boil.
- Cook until the cider has thickened into a thin caramel, about 30 minutes.
- Serving suggestion: Top off with vanilla ice cream.