Usually I only get to eat steak if I am at home, but now I have learned to make it for myself! Not only do I know how to make it for myself, but it is delicious and a perfectly tender. If you have been scared to make steak for yourself, be in fear no longer, this will taste amazing. Although you can eat it however you want, I made it into tacos. To me, they are the best vehicle to carry the amazing steak!
- skirt steak
- marinade mix: garlic powder, oil, white vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper, cumin powder
- corn tortillas
- hot sauce
- black bean puree
- Begin by marinading the steak with the marinade mix. let sit at least 20-30 minutes.
- Get a caste iron pan, add a bit of oil, and put it on medium high heat.
- Once it is VERY hot, add the steak. It will smoke, so be aware.
- Let cook on each side for 4 minutes. Then add to a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes while you prepare the other components.
- To make the black bean puree add a can of drained beans to a sauce pan, then half a can of water, and a chicken bouillon cube. Then add 2 bay leaves, garlic powder, and a bit of cumin.
- Bring the beans to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until they create their own thick sauce, puree the beans with a handheld blender.
- Slice the avocado and tomatoes and place your tortillas into the oven for a few minutes.
- Let the meat sit for a few minutes before slicing into it.
- Then make your perfect taco and enjoy!!