I love tacos, and I eat them a lot. One of the best places I have had a taco is Long Warf in New Haven from the taco trucks there. They all serve the same thing, but sometimes one truck will have just a slight twist from its neighbor. I don’t have a favorite truck, mostly because I go to the one with the longest line, and that can vary. But one time I went there, I got my usual, one beef taco and one pork, and it came with radish, grilled onion, cilantro and one unexpected thing: cucumber. It was just one honking piece of cucumber on top that I wasn’t totally sure of its purpose but once I started eating I realized its importance. It provided a perfect cooling sensation to the delicious burn from the hot sauce and also gave a fantastic crunch to contrast the rest of the fillings. This was the inspiration for my verde taco. Its much more plain, only four ingredients, but it hits the spot. It also is a way to eat clean while still having something ridiculously good.
- Skirt Steak
- corn tortillas
- lots of hot sauce (or personal preference)
- Using the steak from the sizzling steak recipe linked above, slice it into bit sized strips/pieces.
- Heat the taco shells in the oven for 5 minutes at 400.
- Dice the cucumber and slice up avocado
- Then layer it all up and add a healthy dose of hot sauce.
- Eat and enjoy!