It’s my favorite time of year! Yup, it’s “Twelve Days of Cookies” at my office. Today was my turn to make cookies and the pressure was on. When it came down to it I decided to go with a never-fail crowd-pleaser: Peanut Butter Blossoms, a simple peanut butter cookie base with a Hershey’s kiss on top. They are classic and fantastic, one of my personal favorites.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven 375 F
- Cream melted butter, sugars, peanut butter, and egg together in large bowl with electric blender
- Mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt).
- Add dry ingredients to egg and sugar mixture, blend well.
- Pinch off dough and roll into ball, measuring about a 1 – 1 1/2 inch in diameter
- Roll in sugar and place on well-greased baking sheet. Keep each ball about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and gently press on the Hershey kisses while the dough is still hot. Put in fridge to cool and harden (1/2 – 1 hour).