Whenever I am going to donate blood I try to stock up on my iron rich foods and in my mind, that means red meat. But there are only so many times you can eat taco meat or a hamburger before you get bored. This Korean Beef recipe is something new and different. It is also really easy with not many ingredients. I made with with brown rice and steamed veggies so you get lots of flavor and a balanced meal.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds (or sesame oil)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 pinch ginger
- some chopped scallions or raw onion
- brown rice
- steamed broccoli, edamame, and carrots
- Begin by sautéing the garlic and the sesame seeds. Once they are lightly golden add in the ground beef and begin cooking.
- When it is all brown remove some of the grease from the pan. This is important to do because otherwise it will be very greasy.
- Add in the brown sugar and soy sauce. Stir to incorporate, then add in the ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Continue cooking another 5-10 minutes on low to let the flavors marinate.
- Serve over rice and veggies with a little bit of scallion on top!