Do you ever feel like you are being pulled in 100 directions? You have 3 group meetings, 2 exams, on top of all your homework and extracurricular activities. And rushing from one thing to the next, you forget to eat. One way to combat this is to plan ahead. I don’t mean making 50 PB&J sandwiches, but something equally as simple but with LOADS more flavor. This is a ridiculously easy recipe to make pulled pork. This recipe for pulled pork can be used with BBQ, mexican, alone, however you want. So set it and forget it in a crockpot, and then eat it all week long however you like!
- 1/2 cup soda (something clear like sprite or ginger ale)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard (or yellow if you don’t have spicy)
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- center cut pork loin (is what I used but butt works well also)
- Add everything to a crock pot and cook low for 4 hours then high for 4 hours.
- BAM, its shredded and delicious.
- You can thicken the liquid in the pot to make a delicious sauce or just leave the meat in the liquid so it stays juicy and most.
- I ate this as a taco today, but I ate them as stand alone with collards, as BBQ, so many different ways.