Everyone knows I love steak, a lot. But it used to be that I could only get it at home or restaurant. NO LONGER. I have learned how to enjoy delicious steak that I can make for myself, and without a grill! This skirt steak is stand alone delicious, but it can also be paired with a delicious pan sauce, or in a variety of different recipes. Make this skirt steak and eat it 50 different ways all week long!! Happy eating!
Oh did I mention its a crock pot recipe? So you can make it in the morning and enjoy it for dinner!
- skirt steak
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 3 shakes hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- I highly suggest beginning this recipe by searing the steak on each side. About 2 minutes on each side to get the char marks on the meat.
- In a crock pot, put in in the sliced onions and pepper, garlic cloves, bouillon cube, water, and butter. Squeeze in some lime juice and set the rind aside.
- Then lay your meat on top, place the lime rind on top of that, and cook on high for 4 hours.
- If you want a quick pan sauce, just place the drippings in a sauce pan and reduce on medium heat for 10ish minutes. Really easy and already really delicious.
- Slice it up and enjoy in all sorts of applications! I enjoyed it in a taco and on top a salad. Happy Eating!!