As I was cooking my dinner I realized that I needed some greens. I happened to have a bundle of asparagus just waiting in my fridge, but I also only had 10 minutes until the rest of my dinner was going to be ready. So making this quick cooked asparagus was a perfect option to go with my fancy risotto!
- 1 handful asparagus, ends cut
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 splash white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice and a few pieces of zest
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Beginning by placing your asparagus in a covered pan with the garlic and a bit of water, steam for 5 minutes until tender.
- Add in the wine, lemon, and pepper.
- Continue to cook for a few minutes until the liquid is gone.
- Once all the liquid is gone, let the asparagus get a little charred on each side, then finish with the butter.
- Once the butter is melted and has cooked for 2 minutes, you are ready to eat and enjoy!