I am not a lover of root veggies. Parsnips have made no loving impact on me. But you can only eat carrots with ranch so many times before you are bored. This is a recipe that shakes that up, but also turns not root veggie lovers into believers. It is the perfect level of spicy, sweet, and charred. It is really easy but enhances a simple meal 10 fold!
- 3 large carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle powder/ seasoning (if it is seasoning be careful if it also contains salt to not over salt!)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Slice the carrots into fourths the long way, then in half the short way.
- Quarter the onion
- In a large bowl mix the onions, carrots, with the spices, oil and honey. So everything gets nice and coated.
- Lay evenly and flat on a baking sheet. Sprinkle generously with sauce.
- Roast at 400 for 45 minutes or until everything is golden and tender.
- These are great, and so perfect for Fall!