Silly title, but the recipe has silly origins. When I went to Haymarket last weekend I was compelled to buy the giant bag of arugula (BECAUSE IT WAS $2, how could I resist?!). Well, the problem is there isn’t really room for a giant bag of arugula in my fridge so I had to do something to use up some of that arugula. And who doesn’t love pesto? This recipe is so flavorful and extremely versatile. Make a big batch and freeze half of it!
- 3 cups arugula (washed and brained)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried garlic
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- Begin by wilting down the arugula in a pan with a little bit of water and oil and add the garlic in.
- Once the arugula is wilted, add to a food processor and begin to pulse until the arugula starts to break down. (a blender would be ideal)
- Then add in the cheese, lemon juice, pepper, and olive oil. Blend again until incorporated.
- I ate this with gnocchi, on a panini, the options are endless!