I have had an aggressive sweet tooth over the past couple of days, and with spring break being a week away, that really isn’t such a good thing. But I these past few weeks have also been especially stressful and jam packed so I am not willing to cut out sugar and be an angry person through all of my meetings. That is where this perfect bite sized treat comes into play. It is like a almond joy, but elevated and free from all the additives. Make these and bring on your busy weeks!
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee grouds
- 1 dash vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate/ semi sweet chocolate chips
- course or table salt
- In a food processor blend the coffee grounds and coconut until it turns into a finer powder. About 10 pulses.
- Then add into a bowl, and add in the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Stir with a spatula into a paste. Roll/ form into balls (I made bite sized but they could be bigger) and place on a waxed paper lined tray and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes these balls will be firm. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals stirring in between each one.
- Dip your balls into the chocolate and coat in chocolate. If you want less chocolate, just drizzle it on top. Sprinkle a bit of salt on top and place back into the fridge to set the chocolate. Store in the fridge and you are good to go!
- Better than a candy bar and you definitely don’t have to feel bad about these!