You have heard of the slutty brownie right? Well it is time for you to meet the Sassy Blond(ie). It is blondie batter sprinkled with chocolate chips over a layer of oreos and ginger snaps. The blondie dough is great on its own, but it works so well with the ginger and chocolate flavors. This recipe was made in honor of my favorite sassy blonde, my Little. She works so hard for one of my favorite causes, Relay for Life, and I thought she needed some treats to get her through 12 hours of inspiration, hope, and the power to fight back. It was a great day and these Sassy Blondes will make any normal day better!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses (this can be replaced with another cup of brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pack oreos
- 8-10 ginger snap cookies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Begin by whipping the brown sugar and butter together, just for a few minutes.
- Then add in your eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Slowly add in your flour cup at a time, and the salt and baking powder. Mix until combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- In a 9×13 glass pan, spray with cooking spray vigorously. Then lay down a layer of ginger snaps, and then oreos, then scoop the batter on top of the cookies. The batter is a little thick so it is best to add dollops around the pans and spread those out.. almost like connecting the dots.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting.