The other day I went to Target and sifted through their dollar section and found some fun new pieces to incorporate into my pictures. I couldn’t wait to use them so this morning I got my creative juices flowing to make something delicious, low calorie, and beautiful. I think I did all that! These healthy stuffed French toasts are perfect addition to your Sunday brunch and won’t make you worried about being in a bathing suit next week!
- 3 pieces whole wheat bread
- 1 egg
- 1 splash soy milk
- 1 teaspoon espresso liquor
- 1 pinch cinnamon
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons shredded coconut
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Begin by making the filling. In a food processor mix the oats, pecans, coconut, coconut oil, and cinnamon pulse for a few times until finely ground.
- Take a rolling pin and roll out the bread until thin.
- In a shallow long bowl mix the egg, milk, cinnamon, and espresso in a bowl until well mixed.
- Fill one side with the filling and then roll it up tightly.
- Let the rolls soak in the egg mixture for 3 minutes on each side.
- Cook like normal French toast but rolling it so each side gets cooked.
- I drizzled with syrup and cranberries and enjoyed!